Topic: “Mastering Conflict”
Presented by Eckerd College
Research suggests that managing conflict is one of the most common developmental needs for leaders and mangers. This finding isn’t surprising given how pervasive conflict is and how detrimental conflict can be for individuals, teams and organizations. This session features the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I), an assessment instrument that enables participants to understand how they behave when faced with conflict in the workplace. The CDP-I measures both constructive and destructive responses to conflict. The CDP-I also examines “hot buttons,” which are behaviors in others that can irritate or frustrate an individual and lead to conflict.
During the session, participants will:
- Practice and improve conflict resolution skills
- Receive feedback from the CDP-I on how they behave during conflicts
- Learn how to maximize the opportunities and minimize the harmful effects of conflict
- Discuss the costs and benefits (yes, benefits!) of conflict in their organizations
- Discover the link between effective leadership and productive conflict management
- Receive the developmental guide, Managing Conflict Dynamics: A Practical Approach, which provides tips for both improving behavioral responses to conflict as well as cooling down hot buttons so they become less likely to trigger conflict.
Attend In-Person Registration
Discount Registration: $50/Person for Chi Alpha. (Enter “Coach19” at checkout to receive discount). Price goes up to $150 after July 24th, 2019.
ICF Credits: 7 CCE hours will be provided to ICF credentialed coaches that attend in-person.
Attend Live Online | Virtual Registration
Discount Registration: $50/Person for Chi Alpha. (Enter “CoachV19” at checkout to receive discount) Price goes to $150 after July 24th, 2019.
Optional Meet and Greet Dinner
For those attending in Orlando Florida please consider joining Delyn Cole for the optional meet and greet dinner on Tuesday, July 30 at 6:30pm. It will take place at Uncle Julio’s, (Sunroom), located at 8409 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819.
Cost is just $25/Person and includes Fajita Fiesta Buffet: Uncle Julio’s Signature Homemade Chips and Roasted Salsa, Dips for Chips, Fresh Guacamole, Chile con Queso, Chicken & Steak Fajitas, and Sopapillas for dessert.
Dinner Registration is online only, and required in advance! You do not have to attend the Forum in order to sign up for the dinner. Sorry, walk-in dinner reservations NOT permitted.
Register for the meet and greet dinner here.
More information about the event can be found at agcoaching.org.