How may I apply?
- An applicant should first read the ministry position description to understand the span and scope of the position.
- The application form can be filled out here.
- Applications may be submitted anytime between now and May 12, 2017, but only within this timeframe.
What is the selection process?
- A screening committee will be composed of executive leaders from the National Chi Alpha Ministry Center and 2 at-large Chi Alpha missionaries.
- After the application deadline the screening committee will determine the applicants they wish to review further.
- References, provided by the applicants, will only be checked for those who pass the first screening and with the permission of the applicant.
- After references are contacted a video-conference and/or in-person interview will occur.
- After all interviews are completed the screening committee will make a prioritized recommendation to the Senior National Director of Chi Alpha.
- The Senior National Director of Chi Alpha will make the final decision.
- Notification of selection will go to the applicant.
- Announcement of those selected will be made to our Chi Alpha nation. We anticipate announcements will occur during the summer of 2017.
May I nominate someone for a position, and may I do that anonymously?
Yes, after prayerful consideration anyone may anonymously nominate a person to any position opening. Please submit your nominations to Harvey Herman. You may nominate anyone now and up until April 30, 2017.
Or you may directly contact someone and encourage him/her to apply.
If I have a question about anything relating to this process, whom do I contact?
Whether you decide to apply or not, anyone who has a question related to this selection/applicational process may contact Harvey Herman via email or by phone at (417) 862-2781 x1425.
What is The Matrix Chi Alpha organizational design?
In October 2015 a new national organization design for Chi Alpha Campus Ministries was adopted. We refer to our new organizational flow chart as The Chi Alpha Matrix. You will notice the placement of the Personnel Director position on The Matrix and how this position relates to other national program directors.
You may download a copy of The Matrix as well as a document describing how to understand The Matrix below:
When will the new position start?
This is a missionary-filled position and we are eager to see a new Personnel Director fulfilling the role by October 1, 2017, if feasible. Questions regarding start date may be directed to Harvey Herman.