The assessment interview evaluates the readiness of the applicant and identifies the people who should pioneer and their gifts. The assessment is not based on personality, but skills. Contact Delyn Cole to schedule your assessment.
Profile Assessment System (PAS)
The Profile Assessment System was developed by Dr. Charles Ridley who conducted a study of church planters in the United States and Canada. His subjects in the study represented 13 Protestant denominations. Based upon his research and subsequent field-testing, he developed a list of 13 prominent performance dimensions. For more than a decade, these dimensions have been used to select church planters.
In Chi Alpha pioneering, an assessor asks questions that cover 13 different skills the pioneer should have, and the pioneer and assessor discuss past experiences to predict the future performance of the pioneer. The following is a list of those 13 skill sets.
- Visionizing Capacity: Builds long-lasting projects from scratch.
- Intrinsically Motivated: Is a self-starter. Manages time effectively.
- Creates Ownership of Ministry: Is able to recruit others for ministry positions.
- Reaches The Unchurched: Is comfortable being around pre-Christian people, leads them to Christ and assimilates them into the church.
- Spousal Cooperation: The couple has an explicit agreement regarding each partner’s respective role and involvement in ministry.
- Effectively Builds Relationships: Is a relational person who builds friendships.
- Committed To Church Growth: Pushes through natural growth barriers.
- Responsive To The Community: Designs ministries that reach the community.
- Utilizes Giftedness Of Others: Knows how to help people identify their gifts.
- Flexible: Is comfortable with change. Can switch gears easily to adjust to change.
- Builds Group Cohesiveness: Understands people and knows how to get them to pull together as a team.
- Resilient: Not easily discouraged. Is emotionally and psychologically strong. Is not overwhelmed by criticism or setbacks.
- Exercises Faith: Has a consistent walk with God and takes faith risks when convinced of God’s calling.