How is my personal allowance determined by AGUSM and what changes are coming in 2019?
- Base personal allowances are receiving an inflationary raise
- There is no longer a difference in the base personal allowance for singles vs married missionaries
- Career missionary associates who qualified as MA 1 are now being re-designated as Career Missionary Associate (CA)
|2019 AGUSM Salary Chart|
|AGUSM||Cost of Living Level 1.||Cost of Living Level 2.||Cost of Living Level 3|
|Non-career Missionary Associate/CMIT||2514||2998||3561|
|Appointed Missionary (Nationally Appointed)||3771||4497||5342|
What other changes are coming from XA?
- XA will begin collecting budgets for all missionary associates (CMIT, MA, and CA). The missionary budget is the total the missionary needs each month for personal salary, work and benefits.
- XA will monitor budgetary and underfunded best practices for all missionaries (CMIT, MA, CA, AG)
What is included in a missionary budget?
- Short-term assignment (max 3 years)
- CMIT/MA= personal allowance + medical + work. (Yearly)
- Long-term assignment (credentials and CMIT/Equiv. required)
- CA=personal allowance + medical + MBA (retirement) + work (Missionary Term)
How do I submit a missionary budget?
- Submit a Budget sheet for CMITs, MAs (MA2) See linked file CMIT & Short-term Missionary Associate Budget
- Submit a Budget sheet for Career Associates (formerly MA1s) See linked file Career Associate Budget
Submit your completed budget sheet to Jeff, XA Personnel Director JAlexander@ag.org
Does my budget need to be accurate?
- Yes. Your budget enables XA to measure your health. You are required to raise your budget and to maintain in for missionary health.
Can my personal allowance be adjusted?
Am I able to reduce my personal allowance?
- Yes. You may request your personal allowance to be reduced down to the minimal requirement for missionary health. (The min. is determined by location and family size)
- Short-term MA/CMIT- minimum is 100% of livable wage
- (CMIT min. is $1500 for a single in COL 1)
- Long-term CA- minimum is 125% of livable wage
- Many singles may choose to lower their personal allowance since it has been increased significantly (increased to married rate)
Is it possible to increase a personal allowance?
- Yes. You may request your personal allowance to be increased for missionary health.
- Missionary Email to Personnel Director (JAlexander@ag.org) with requested increase and the reason it is needed (ie. Housing costs)
- XA Personnel approval (100-125% livable wage for CMITs/MAs, 125-150% livable for CA/AG) (Larger families with one income will often need an increase for financial health)
- District Conversation
- XA Personnel files a USMEC request to increase the personal allowance
If you need any assistance, please connect with Jeff Alexander, XA’s Personnel Director for Assistance. JAlexander@ag.org