What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is God’s message to us, so we seek to understand and obey its truth.
- We believe there is one God who is three persons, so we yearn to know Him in all of His complexity and beauty.
- We believe Jesus is fully God and fully human, so we rejoice that Christ can be a bridge between us and God.
- We believe people throughout history have sinned against God, so we are deeply aware that we too are marked by willful disobedience.
- We believe God extends forgiveness to us through Christ, so we repent and rejoice in our forgiveness.
- We believe God offers freedom from sin’s grasp, so we live lives that are pleasing to God.
- We believe that Jesus promised every believer the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, which is to be expected and sought after.
- We believe that God can heal both the body and the heart, so we pray with faith and hope.
- We believe that the empowerment of the Holy Spirit is evidenced initially by speaking in tongues, and we eagerly seek this gift.
- We believe in the Church, so we live in this community of faith, inviting others to join us.
- We believe God gives leaders as gifts to His Church, so we serve those whom the Lord entrusts to us.
- We believe God commands his followers to celebrate communion and baptism, so we practice these symbolic actions, reflecting on their significance.
- We believe Jesus will return to claim His Church, so we live in expectancy of His coming.
- We believe Christ will one day be seen clearly as King on earth, so we live as citizens of His Kingdom now.
- We believe God is the ultimate Judge, so we live knowing that our choices will echo through eternity.
- We believe we will live with God forever, so we live with hope regardless of our circumstances.
For more details, see the 16 Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God.