Important To Know
- Save the information as a checklist and reminder.
- It is expected that the entire process below should be completed at least 1 month before departure.
- ALL Chi Alpha International missions teams are required to purchase insurance through Mission Assure. Exception: Teams working with Convoy of Hope do not need to purchase insurance with Mission Assure, as you will purchase your insurance directly through Convoy of Hope.
- Insurance is $4.50 per day, per person.
- There is no team member application fee.
Step 1: Obtain AGWM Consent
AGWM consent is protocol for all missions teams not working with an AGWM missionary. It is designed to protect both Chi Alpha and AGWM from sensitive, on-the-field issues that would be otherwise unknown to our Chi Alpha leadership. On rare occasions, teams could be asked to amend their trip itinerary in light of ongoing situations.
This is not a “control” issue, but rather a responsibility issue for the leadership of our worldwide movement. AGWM knows things that we can’t, and their insight is valuable.
Therefore, the National Chi Alpha Ministry Center needs the following information from you to obtain this consent:
What we need from you
- A letter of invitation from the missionary or ministry that you will be working with. This is usually an email.
- A Completed U.S. Missions Overseas Travel Form if you are a U.S. Missions account holder. You can download the form here.
Note: We will email U.S. Missions Overseas Travel Form directly to each U.S. Missions account holder listed on your team sheet (CMITs, MAs, and Nationally Appointed Missionaries). Both of these items should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be notified once AGWM consent has been given.
Step 2: Process your team directly with AG Financial/Mission Assure
After receiving AGWM consent, you will process your team directly with AG Financial/Mission Assure unless you are working with Convoy of Hope. These teams will register directly with Convoy of Hope.
AG Financial/Mission Assure gives thorough instructions in a three-minute video on their website. They cover everything you need to know about completing Assumption of Risk forms and purchasing insurance. Save yourself some headache and watch the video.
The video can be found at agfinancial.org.
Summary: Watch the video and do what it says.
Step 3: Send Insurance Confirmation to Chi Alpha
- Once you’ve purchased your insurance, you will receive a payment confirmation email from AG Financial. Please forward that email to email@example.com.
U.S. Missions Overseas Travel Approval
Chi Alpha Expeditions will use the information that you’ve provided in steps 1-3 to obtain U.S. Missions Overseas Travel approval.
All AGUSM account holders are required to obtain AGUSM approval in order to travel overseas. It is expected that this entire process will be completed at least 1 month prior to departure.
Often, we want to give students as much time as possible to commit to a trip and raise funds (which is the real indicator of whether they will go or not). This can also cause us to begin the application process later than expected.
Helpful suggestion: Go ahead and process those team members, especially U.S. Missions Account holders, that have committed early. Start at least 6 weeks before departure. If other students join later, they can be processed as a separate team. It doesn’t matter to AG Financial that they are part of the same actual team.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you cancel your trip or add any AGUSM account holders to your trip.
Thanks for leading!