Post Academic Transition Discipler Resources
Every International Videos: topics range from “Befriending Internationals to Understanding World Views”
Friends International Church Case Studies: stories of international students who have returned and were connected to local churches.
5 Thresholds to Postmodern Conversion: from the book “I Once was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us About Their Path to Jesus” by Don Everts and Doug Schaupp gives a great guide on understanding where your student is on their Jesus journey.
World Watch List 2022: Open Doors USA releases a list every year of the World’s most persecuted countries.
- Home Again: Preparing International Students to Serve Christ in Their Home Countries: Nate Mirza
- The 3-D Gospel: Ministry in Guilt, Shame and Fear Cultures: Jayson Georges
Post Academic Transition Student Resources
- Digital Bible Society: libraries of Biblical resources in many different languages
- Audio Treasure: audio readings of the Bible in many languages
- Discovery Bible Studies: InterVarsity International Student Ministry has great information on how to lead a DBS. This can be applied in many contexts and cultures!
- Discover God Series by Cru
- Storyteller’s Bible Study by Bill Perry
- Seeking Allah Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi
- The Art of Coming Home by Craig Storti
U-Curve Transition: InterVarsity International Student Ministry unfolds the U-Curve process of transitioning to a different context.
Think Home – A Re-Entry Guide for Christian International Students by Lisa Chinn: a book that is paired with Navigating Your Journey, filled with information on post academic transitions.
Back Home – Daily Reflections on Re-Entry by Lisa Chinn: a great book to go through after graduation in the new context.