We are excited to welcome all Chi Alpha interns from the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 classes to this year’s Reach the University Institute (RUI). This training is Chi Alpha’s premier training conference and orientation for interns and will help them complete their CMIT course requirements.
And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.2 Timothy 2:2
This is not just the commission of the Apostle Paul to his disciple Timothy. This is the commission of King Jesus to His entire Church. Furthermore, this letter is Paul’s last letter. You can feel the urgency as Paul is saying to the next generation—disciple others who will disciple others so the spiritual lineage will not die, and Jesus can come back.
If you are at RUI, it is because someone considered you a faithful person able to teach others.
The purpose of RUI is to refine your discipleship skills by instilling into you the things we have heard among many witnesses. You will learn about healthy leadership, spiritual empowerment, cross-cultural missions, and disciple-making groups. You will hear principles that have worked on campus and discover programs and methods that work on different campuses all in an effort to cultivate a common culture across uncommon campuses.
Everything you are about to learn is for this purpose—training you to be better missionaries who make better disciples.
Friday, June 18 | Spiritual Empowerment Day
|4:00 to 5:00 pm||My Story – Stefanie Chappell||Spence Chapel Auditorium|
|5:30 pm||Dinner and State of Chi Alpha – E. Scott Martin||Dining Hall|
|7:00 to 10:00 pm||Open Gym||Mabee Student Fitness Center|
|8:00 pm||Optional Kingdom of Priests Worship Music Video||(off-campus)|
Cardone Media Center
1506 N Boonville Ave
Springfield, MO 65803
Saturday, June 19
- EU Security/Public Safety: Email or call 417-575-8911
- Medical emergencies
- Room lock-outs
- EU Convention Serv: 417-865-2815
- Maintenance issues
- Need toilet paper
- Shuttle transportation: Bonnie Duncan
- Housing assignments: Christina Winters
- Food: Food Service Director Joey Roberts
- Store: Trae Miller
- Misc.: Bonnie Duncan
Answers to FAQs
- Please no children under 18.
- There is a $50 non-refundable deposit.
- Arrive for check in between 2:00 to 5:00 pm on June 13 and depart any time on June 19.
- The airport code for Springfield airport is SGF.Free transportation is available to/from campus for arrival/departure.
- Please sign up here.
- There is free parking on campus if you drive. Registration includes: housing, bedding, all meals (dinner from June 13 through dinner June 18), parties, training materials, and t-shirt.
- Casual, modest dress is appropriate throughout the week, but rooms are often cool.
- Here is the link to Springfield’s COVID-19 page on the city website.
- Find things to around Springfield here.
- Here is the link to a map of Evangel University.
- Questions? Contact Bonnie Duncan.
These local establishments are offering discounts especially for RUI attendees!
Worship Night Sign-Up
Sorry, the 125 person limit has been reached.